COATS EDIT | WINTER

November 19, 2017


1. ALL SAINTS | 2. WAREHOUSE | 3. TOPSHOP | 4. MANGO | 5. COS | 6. &OTHERSTORIES | 7. ZARA | 8. NEWLOOK | 9. MANGO | 10. TOPSHOP | 11. WAREHOUSE

 Okay, so I've been really excited about this post because, although the days have gotten shorter and we're waking up to frosty mornings, it does mean that it is OFFICIALLY coat weather. Coats are such a big topic! I mean there are so many different styles and for me they have different purposes. I wasn't how sure how to do this post whether I should focus on one style or have one of each... but I decided to go for my top 10 (it’s actually 11... sshhh!) favourite coats on the high street. So there is definitely likely to be a part 2 of this post soon... Anyway back to this post!

I will just state now that these are in no particular order.
 The first on my list is the Anya coat from All Saints, it is the most expensive of them all at £345 but, I will say from having an All Saints coat, that they are really great quality and are worth the money and they often have promotions. I love the style of this coat because it is oversized but not excessively so.

I have always loved the Aviator style jackets I think they have such a cool vibe about them. I do prefer the more classic colour combination of the brown suede and a cream shearling but this red one from Warehouse caught my eye and I actually really like the quality and the fit which is pretty good for an aviator style.
The third one on my list is this grey blue robe style coat from Topshop. Its ballooned sleeves and big gold button remind me of the 80s style. This coat looks super cosy and perfect for a winter and maybe even a snowy day if we're lucky!

I was never really that mad about puffer jackets because they tend to be black, navy or red and they just seem quite ubiquitous and nothing special. However I do think you really do need some type of puffer style jacket in your winter wardrobe as they are more practical on wet and ice-cold days and I would be more than happy to swap my wool coat for this Mango Bright blue puffer.

The fifth on my list is this tailored wool coat from COS and it's the winter coat I have invested in for this season. I really love this tailored style of this coat because I find it the most flattering for my shape. I do love the look of the oversized styles but unfortunately a lot of them drown me. As well as this coat being a great style, the thing I love the most about it, is the colour. It's a really nice taupe which I find really suits my skin tone and it's also very neutral and will go with anything. Keep your eyes open for some styling on this one.

I think I have said before but &Otherstories is one my favourite brands and I knew they would have a coat or coats that would go straight on my wish list. One of my favourites is this green wool and mohair blend coat. It is slightly oversized but it does have the style of classic tailoring. Also how can you not love the green check of the fabric?

It obviously wouldn't be a favourites post if there wasn't something from Zara in here. This coat has  the fabric and texture of an aviator jacket and the classic cut and structure of a wool coat. It's a great choice if you’re not really into the aviator style of jacket but love the suede and shearling.

This grey checked coat from New Look is an absolute steal at £29.99. It is a real classic style  of a longline tailored coat and the grey check is so versatile and will go with any of your winter outfits.

I wanted to include a faux fur coat in my favourites because I am sucker for one. I really love the long style as it looks like you've just left Carrie and the girls after a Cosmo! I was really torn between two to put in my favourites and in the end I went for this one from Mango, the other is from &Otherstories and I’ve linked it below (I know!... kind of cheating). I just really love the bright mailbox red of the coat. It's not cheap at £119 but considering it's ankle length I think it's pretty good value for money compared to other fur coats.

My 10th favourite is this yellow and black heavy check mid-length coat. I like it because of the balance of the heavy check and the light colours of the yellow and cream. This coat has a 'Clueless' look about it which is obviously a great thing.


The final coat of my favourites edit is this pink teddy bear coat from Warehouse. I really love the fleecy texture as well as the pale pink colour. It looks so snug especially on a frosty day. I am actually really impressed with Warehouses' coats this season, definitely one to keep your eye on!


SHOP COATS

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe